|Posted on February 17, 2018 at 9:10 PM||comments (0)|
1. It's affordable.
The average Renter's insurance policy costs about $187 per year which is about 51 cents per day. The average cost is based on factors such as where you live, how much coverage you desire, etc. Adding a renter's policy to your existing Auto policy is almost equivalent to what you spend on your towing, glass & rental coverage.
2. It covers losses to personal property.
What happens to all of your belongings if there is a fire? A renter’s insurance policy protects against losses to your personal property, including clothes, jewelry, luggage, computers, furniture, and electronics. Even if you don't own much, it can quickly add up to a lot more than you realize – and a lot more than you'd want to pay to replace everything.
Renter's policies protect against a surprisingly long list of perils. A standard HO-4 policy designed for renters, for example, covers losses to personal property from perils including:
Damage caused by aircraft
Damage caused by vehicles
Fire or lightning
Riot or civil commotion
Vandalism or malicious mischief
Weight of ice, snow or sleet
Windstorm or hail
Damage from water or steam from sources including household appliances, plumbing, heating, air conditioning or fire-protective sprinkler systems
3. It provides liability coverage
Liability coverage is also included in standard renter’s insurance policies. This provides protection if someone is injured while in your home or if you (or another covered person) accidently injure someone. It pays any court judgments as well as legal expenses, up to the policy limit.
4. It covers your belongings while you travel
Renter's insurance covers your personal belongings, whether they are in your home, car,or with you while you travel. Your possessions are covered from loss due to theft and other covered losses anywhere you travel in the world. Check your policy or ask us for details on what constitutes "other covered losses."
2017 Example of this coverage: We had a client returning from a road trip with her family. They were extremely tired upon returning from their road trip and left their suitcases in their car. Their car was stolen that night. Their renter's policy covered all of their personal belongings even though the belongings were not in their home.
5. It may cover additional living expenses.
Imagine there is a fire in your apartment and now you have nowhere to go. If your home becomes uninhabitable due to one of the covered perils, your renter's insurance policy may cover “additional living expenses,” including the cost associated with living somewhere else temporarily, food and more. Check with your policy to find out how long it will cover additional living expenses, and if it caps the amount the company will pay.
Bundle your Auto with Renter's Insurance....not only will it be affordable, but offer peace of mind at a very low price. Contact one of our agents (203) 527-3669
|Posted on August 29, 2017 at 7:50 PM||comments (4)|
People are always looking for ways to save, so I thought it would be nice to start off my insurance blog by listing the many Auto Insurance discounts you may qualify for. Keep in mind that discounts vary by carrier. For example, Safeco may offer a low mileage discount that Progressive does not.
1. Multi-Policy Discount - This discount applies when you have more than one type of policy with your carrier, for example when you bundle your Home & Auto Insurance.
2. Multi-Car Discount - This discount applies when you insure more than one vehicle.
3. Anti-Theft - This discount applies when you have an alarm system installed in your vehicle.
4. Low Mileage Discount - This discount is for keeping mileage down. In many cases, when insured have a secondary vehicle that they don't drive that often.
5. Passive Restraint- This discount applies when your vehicle has safety features such as airbags or motorized seatbelts.
6. Defensive Driver Discount - This discount applies when you take a defensive driver course.
7. Military Discount - This discount applies for members of the armed forces.
8. Occupational Discount - This discount applies when working for a certain company or in a certain field.
9. Full Pay Discount - This discount applies when you pay your policy in full at the inception of the policy.
10. Advance-Quote Discount - This discount aplies when you shop/purchase your policy several days before the start date of your policy.
11. Homeowner Discount - If you own a home or condo.
12. Loyalty/Tenure Discount - For being insured with the same carrier for a long period of time.
13. Paperless Billing - For receiving bills and policy documents via email instead of regular mail.
14. EFT Discount - For being enrolled in automatic payments.
15. Marriage Discount - For being married and having your spouse listed on the policy.
Note: Discounts vary depending on the carrier you go with, but always make sure that when you do choose a carrier that all the applicable discounts are entered in. This will ensure that you get coverage at a great price! If you have any questions about these discounts you can reach us via email, [email protected] or via telephone at (203) 527-3669.
- Frances Batista